Monday 15 May 2017

Stenciling and stamping with Metallic Lustre paint by Terri Koszler



Good morning everyone, Terri here. Today I am sharing a card I created with the Aztec Eco Metallic Lustre paints.


The paints are so versatile, they can be used with brushes, stencils, stamps and brayers, I am going to show you a few in which I used them.


I started by stippling some of the Purple lustre paint on a piece of white card through a stencil using a small foam spouncer.  I applied a thicker layer near the bottom of the card and dried this with my heat tool. I then added some aquamarine paint with a stamp that looks like paint splodges.


I found the best way to add the paint to the stamp was to put a little paint onto a glass cutting mat and use a foam spouncer to move the paint around and thin it a little, then take the spouncer to the stamp, This way you don't get too much paint on the stamp and end up with a messy image.




I took the foam spouncer that had the purple lustre paint on it and rubbed it lightly in circular motions over some scrap white card to colour it.  The paint is so silky that it glides over the surface beautifully.  Once dry I mixed a little water with some of the aquamarine and splattered it over the coloured card. I used this card to stamp my sentiment on to.



I then stamped my main image, which is from Visible Image stamps and added the cut out words to my card and layered it onto a black card blank.


I am really excited with how the card feels when painted with the lustre paints, it's so smooth and it seems to strengthen the card too.  No need to buy pearlescent card or paper anymore.  I will definitely be using the paint in more ways in the future and hope to bring you more ideas and inspiration.


Thank you for stopping by today 



2 comments:

  1. This is lovely, great techniques, and those colours work wonderfully together.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...