Wednesday 20 September 2017

Mixed Media Canvas by Susanne

Hi my dear mixed media friends!

I'm sharing an autumnal mixed media canvas with you today. I love to decorate our home fitting the season. So nothing could be better than some pumkins at the moment.
Instead of using the canvas' front I turned it around and painted the back side.


Here are the step by step instructions:

I started by drawing two pumpkins onto some left over canvas from an amazon packaging. I painted it with the ColourCraft opaque fabric paints: Lemon, Scarlet, Leaf Green and Black (for the outlines).


Finally I added some stenciling on top of each pumpkin with the metallic fabric paints: Gold and Bronze.

The canvas is prepared with a layer of modelling paste to cover the edges and staples. I applied a layer of white gesso and added some colour with watercolour wax crayons.


I used the ColourCraft Aztec Metallics (Bronze and Ant. Silver) for some shimmer.


The Brusho Acrylic Sprays are awesome to create some quick texture. I used the Charcoal together with a stencil.
Tipp: If you unscrew the sprayer you can use the paint tube to add some single colour splatters.


I added patterned paper scraps and some stamping for more texture. I also printed some stamp images onto my pumpkins.


Finally I adhered the pumpkins to the canvas and added the sentiment and some die cuts. I sprayed them with the Bronze Brusho Shimmer Spray. The bird is out of my stash. It was prepared with crackle paste, green and black acrylic paints.


 

Thank you for stopping by today!
Have a wonderful weekend!
xx Susanne

Supplies:
ColourCraft:



Others:
Stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps! and Rubber Dance
Stencils from STAMPlorations
Dies from Sizzix

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...