Monday 2 October 2017

Abstract greetings cards by Terri Koszler

Today I am sharing 3 simple Brusho Background techniques which I have used to make greetings cards.

My first technique is a simple one, I spritzed my watercolour card with water and then lightly sprinkled some Violet Brusho powder on top, this creates a soft bleed with veining.






My second technique also started with my spritzing the watercolour card with water, I then added a few drops of diluted Prussian blue. I then used a straw to blow the Brusho around creating an abstract effect.





The last technique is one of my favourites, I used diluted Sea Green brusho to coat a piece of watercolour card, I then spritzed it with water and layered a piece of clingfilm over the top and scrunched it up. I left it in place until it was totally dry before removing it to reveal an awesome effect.





All of the background were mounted on to black card before I added a die cut sentiments using Altenew dies, sequins and nuvo drops from Tonic Studios.

Brushos can be so much fun to use in this way, I love the feeling of being free to experiment and play and the surprise of seeing the end result as no two card are ever the same.

Thanks for stopping by today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...