Friday 17 November 2017

Mixed Media Artist Trading Cards by Susanne

Hi there!

I am sharing two watercolour artist trading cards today. I love to use Brushos to make myself a watercolour palette. The benefits of Brusho colours are, that they are very transparent, which allows you to layer and blend them in beautiful ways.


I start by painting some simple butterfly shapes onto watercolour paper. I add patterns to the wings by using different techniques: I play with wet in wet and also wet on dry watercolours. (Brusho Colours: Moss Green, Yellow, Gamboge, Turquoise, Rose Red, Purple)


Once the butterflies are completely dry I add the body and some details with a fine brush and black Brusho colour.
I also sprinkl some colour splatters on top. This creates dynamic and depth.


While my butterflies are drying, I cut two pieces of watercolour paper to the size of 2.5" by 3.5". This is the size an Artist Trading Card must have. I create a Brusho background by sprinkling the powders onto the wet paper and blending them with a brush. Once this is dry I paint some leave shapes.
(Brusho Colours: Ost. Blue, Vermillion, Prussian Blue, Gamboge)
Finally I sprinkle Aztec Gold and White acrylic paint on top. (Thin these paints down with a little bit of water, so you can easily create splatters)


I pick two of the butterflies, cut them out and adhere them to the cards. I finish them up with a Tim Holtz Idealogy sticker.


Tip!!! Once you've your butterflies painted, scan them to your computer. You can print them later and use them on other projects, too! Sometimes you get really nice effects when you play with a photo software and change the colour settings.


Have a wonderful weekend!
Thank you for stopping by today.
xx Susanne.

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...