Saturday 30 December 2017

Let it Snow by Sarah Allan

Hi Everyone!

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and it is great to be back here on the blog with my last design Team project for 2017... before we head into 2018 with more fun projects using Colourcraft's fabulous products.

My project for you today is a wooden winter photo frame, I have given it a new lease of life with acrylic sprays and some of the fabulous aztec metallics pearl paint


Step 1
I used a bare wood photo frame with stand, some chipboard flourishes and wooden letters 


Step 2
Placement of the flourishes and "snow" letters

Step 3
I applied a coat of white gesso to every surface, front, back and sides of the frame and stand

Step 4 
glue down the letters and flourishes with matte medium and paint over with white gesso

Step 5
Place some kitchen paper down on your work surface before applying acrylic sprays, I used Turquoise and sea green for my project

Step 6
Dry your frame with a heat tool and also remember to spray the stand too!


Step 7

Your project is now ready to have some fabulous aztec metallic pearl paint dry brushed over the lettering and flourishes to add the finishing touch to your project and accent/highlight the frame



I hope you enjoyed today's project, I wish you all health and happiness for the new year and look forward to being back in 2018 with more fun stuff :)





2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...