Friday 2 February 2018

Use the Brusho Resist Sticks together with an Embossing Folder

Hi there!

Susanne writing today and I have a nice background technique to share today. I have so many embossing folders in my stash and rarely use them. For this greeting card I used a Tim Holtz folder and paint the raised areas with a Brusho Wax Resist Stick.


Of course I have some step by step instructions for you:

Run a piece of watercolour paper through your embossing machine.
Paint the raised areas with the wax resist stick. It doesn't have to be perfect!

Spritz your background with water and add your Brusho Powders. Use a dry Brush to soak up puddles of paint. Don't dry with a heat tool, it will melt the wax and the result is not the best.

While the background is drying you can colour your die cuts. I used the wildflowers from Tim Holtz (Sizzix). I paint them in a very loose way, no perfection.

 Finally I distressed the edges of the embossed card with Distress Ink and adhered the flowers to my background, as well as the greeting. The sentiment is die cut from a piece of left over Brusho background.
To finish the card I mount everything onto a card base.


Thank you for stopping by today!
Have a wonderful weekend!

xx Susanne.

Brusho Colours I've used on this card:
Prussian Blue, Light Brown, Yellow Ochre, Turquoise, Vermillion, Olive Green, Crimson, Sandstone, Moos Green

Supplies:


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...