Monday 5 March 2018

Spring is almost here by Terri Koszler

Good Morning everyone, well where do I start?  It's been a crazy couple of weeks with snow, gales, an earthquake and lots of rain. I hope wherever you are that you are warm and safe.



I'm in desperate need of a change of season and something bright and colourful to look forward to. Spring can't come enough for me so , today I am making a couple of cards with Spring in mind. 


I started off by cutting some card using a cover plate die from Altenew, I adhered this to some water colour card using a temporary spray adhesive.I then taped this to my glass cutting mat.


I chose three colours of brusho to work with; Alizarin Crimson, Lime green and Sunshine Yellow. I spritzed the card with water and then sprinkled the brusho powders over the surface and allowed them to move across the surface.


I allowed this to dry a little before removing the die cut panel, If you use a heat gun the spray adhesive will start to release the card.  I didn't get as crisp an image as I would of liked but I think this method has created a slight laced effect and has limited the movement of the brusho which I like.


 I used some alphabet dies to cut the word Spring. My best tip for this is to place the dies cutting side down on your mat and line then up against the edge of a metal ruler so that they are all at the same height. I then place a couple of pieces of washi/masking tape over them and lift them onto the card.


Once I adhered the panel to my card I added a thin strip of white card and stamped the rest of my sentiment in black ink.


I love the texture in the background panel of this card but the best thing is you get the "outies" from the die cutting to use on another card.


So for card number 2 I stamped a flower image onto some dessert storm card using a pink ink.


I then added the die cut letters onto a piece of vellum using some wet glue.


Once dry I flipped it over and added some strong tape behind the letters where it can't be seen. 

 

I then adhered it to the front of the stamped card, I like how the vellum diffuses the colour, and as it's only attached in a few places you can lift the vellum and see how bright the ink below is.


To finish my card I adhered the decorated panel onto a white card leaving a 1/4 inch border all around, this helps frame the artwork.


All this colour has got me in the mood for warmer weather and pretty flowers so I think a trip to the garden centre is in order to stock up on some seeds and plants.

Have a fantastic week.





2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...