Monday 8 January 2018

Brusho Love by Terri Koszler

Good morning, I hope you are all keeping warm in the crazy weather we seem to be having.



With the festive season behind us it's time to start thinking about those Valentines cards. Today I am sharing a card I made using just one colour of Brusho and a few things from my craft  room. If valentines day isn't something you celebrate then you could easily adapt this tutorial to suit another occasion.


I start by sprinkling some Alizarin Crimson Brusho on to a piece of water colour paper and spritzing it with water. When I do this I turn the paper and spritz from different angles so that the bursts of colour go in differ directions.



Next I decided that I wanted to highlight certain areas of the Brusho background by creating little windows that frame them. I did this by using some heart dies. I placed a piece of tracing paper over the background and used my dies to draw around the areas to be highlighted.




I then attached the tracing paper to a piece of white card using some washi tape and added the dies where I have drawn around them, this will create heart apertures. Remember not to put to many dies through at once and definitely don't place them to close together. Save up all those hearts to use on other projects.



Once you have cut all of your apertures you can trim the background and die cut overlay to your desired size. I placed the front panel on foam pads to add dimension and matted it on to black card.


Next I die cut a sentiment from black card 4 times and red card once. I do this to create a faux chipboard sentiment by layering them up with adhesive. I used the red one as a drop shadow. I then added some little splatters of brusho on to the white space.


I think I might try this technique with star die cuts or balloons for a birthday card. I hope you've enjoyed today's post, let me know what you think in the comments below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...