Saturday 27 January 2018

Industrial Valentine Tag by Sarah Allan

Hi Everyone!

I have a fun industrial themed Valentine tag to share with you today using the Tando Creative Industrial Wings kit by Andy Skinner.


Step one was to pop out all the various chipboard elements of the kit and glue all the small circles onto the outer edges of the "wings"

Step two... I applied a layer of white gesso to all the pieces of chipboard.

Step three... i used Brusho acrylic spray mists in turquoise and charcoal and sprayed the wings, then dried with the heat tool and set aside


Step 4 - the tag

I painted the whole tag with Aztec Bronze Metallic Paint and dried with my heat tool.

I then took a small blob of white gesso and added a good sprinkling of Grey Brusho crystal colours and mixed them together to give me grey paint and dry brushed this on top of the layer of bronze paint and dried.

Once dried another coat of Bronze metallic paint was added and dried to give a rusty effect, whilst drying i allowed the paint to bubble to give extra texture to the tag


Step 5 ... painting the heart, the same technique was used for the tag, I mixed brilliant red brusho crystal colours with gesso and painted the surface of the heart, and whilst still wet added another sprinkle of brusho on top..and allowed to dry.


Step 6.. start to assemble the project.. by gluing all the layers together


I added a crystal to the centre and painted with turquoise acrylic spray mist





I finished off the bottom of the tag by wrapping dark cord and copper wire around



I hope you enjoyed todays project as much as I did making it 

See you all soon with more projects in February

Sarah x


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...