Monday 26 March 2018

Cute Easter Cards with Ewelina

I have recently been 'accused' of not making any 'pretty cards, only the mixed media stuff'...
At first, I wasn't sure what to make of it but then decided not to dwell too much on it and turn it into my own crafty challenge instead.


I turned my craft room inside-out looking for some 'cute' Easter stamps I remembered receiving as a gift good three years ago because they were the only thing I could think of.

Here's how it went...



I picked Brusho powders in colours I wanted to use and sprinkled them creating small watercolour puddles. I made sure not to add too much water to allow for the colour crystals to show their lovely shades.



I then stamped out my Easter animals and sentiments on the watercolour puddles. Remember to use waterproof ink for your stamping - you wouldn't want your designs to start bleeding.


Now for the hard work - fussy cutting.
I can honestly say that it's my favourite part of crafting... NOT.


Once all my cuties were cut out and ready for adding to the card, I had to figure out how to build up the background. I decided on a layered white 'window' with blue background peeking from behind. For that, I sprinkled Turquoise Brusho on mixed media paper and let it dry.


Using my 'card template', I cut 4 white and 4 blue rectangles.



I used die-cutting machine to make sure that my 'windows' were nice and evenly cut. I used a smaller circle for the frame and a bigger one for the background - this way, I could make sure that you could only see the blue background through the 'window'.


Here you are - 4 white frames and 4 blue backgrounds.

Now, for the assembly...



I placed the frame on the front of the card where I would later on attach it and outlined the circular 'window' on the card - this is to make sure that my background was glued in the right place...


... like this.



Using double-sided foam tape, I attached the frame to the card.
This created a nice dimension and depth.



Then it was time to add the animals and sentiments - also using double-sided foam tape.
The process was the same for all 4 cards.


And that's it! The cards are finished.


Do you think they would count as 'pretty cards'?
I certainly do!!!


Happy Easter!!!


P.S. I'll be back to my normal mixed media self next time, promise! ;)


1 comment:

  1. Love these stamps and your cards are fab. Great post. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...