Monday 7 May 2018

Remember me... - mixed media canvas with Ewelina


Hey everyone!!!

It's my first post for the second year of being on the Colourcraft DT. Yaaaayyyy!!! to this!!!
So happy :)


I was listening to The Cure on my way home from work the other day and a song stuck in my head. I wanted to use the 'Treasure' lyrics in my art but couldn't think of a piece that would do them justice.


It's kind of a sad, goodbye song but at the same time, for me, it's full of hope and maybe even tempting of a new beginning... 


... remember i was always true
remember that i always tried
remember i loved only you
remember me and smile ...


I created stencilled layers with black ink (the stencils used are designed by myself so - quite excited about them!!!)


I also got to use my old typewriter which is one of my most treasured possessions. I love the vintage feel of anything typed on an old, ribbon typewriter. It's almost romantic in a way... perfect for the song in my head.


You can watch my full tutorial here:







Of course, I used Brusho powders and Brusho SprinkleIt - my perfect combo!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...